The name of the little station Charly’s Gare » comes from the famous narrow railway train « Charly »,circulating between Echternach and Luxembourg City from 1904 to 1954 and offering a regular connection with Luxembourg City. This line served as well for the carriage of goods as of persons. Hostert, being the 5th of 16 stations on the line Echternach-Luxembourg, was situated between the station of Senningen and Junglinster.
The old station building with its historian style of the early 20th century (1904) had been well preserved until today. Almost identical stations had been constructed in Junglinster, Bech and Helmstal. The entrance of the old building is composed by two cubic wings put in T‑form and covered with rolling saddleback roofs. One part of the construction served as baggage checkroom and the other as waiting room.
The red brick building is ornamented with yellow corner and frame sandstones and decorated with heterogeneous style elements as for example a round neogothic window or a baroque window balustrade on the gable.