After the destructions in 4-th and 5-th centuries by Germanic tribes and the Huns of king Attila, towards 450, from the 6-th century Francs began to populate this devastated country. Out of the ruins of the gallo-Roman villages raised new villages with Germanic names. It was probably at this time when Senningen and Rameldange have been founded.
It is in 1176 when the place ” Hofsteden ” is mentioned for the first time. Hofstätte, Hofstelle or Hostert are typical names for places resulting from gallo-Roman ruins. Towards the year 1200, Ernster appears for the first time in a manuscript under the name of Erenze. The name Rameldange (or — ingen ) appears only much later. On the Anwen farm a sort of medieval peasant right was issued and there Rameldange is named for the first time in 1362.